School Zone Scores Hat Trick of Olympic Proportion with New Educational Kids’ Tablet, Video Series, and Inspirational Workbooks
Grand Haven, Mich. (February 16, 2014)—School Zone, the small company with big ideas, debuts Little Scholar® kids’ tablet, introduces a fresh new face to preschool TV programming, and expands workbook line, with 40+ new titles, including entry into toddler and inspirational markets.
“School Zone has dedicated the last 24 months to creativity, innovation, and intellectual content,” said Jonathan Hoffman, president and CEO of School Zone. “Life at School Zone has been full throttle. Our world-class design team has what we call ‘brain sparkle,’ and it’s contagious.”
Little Scholar breaks the mold. Right out of the box, kids can start learning essential skills, such as the alphabet, numbers, addition, subtraction, spelling, phonics, and even a little science and geography. It features 150+ premium educational apps, eBooks, songs, videos, and more. It also includes password-protected parental controls and an A+ app that provides progress reports for parents. Plus, additional apps can be added. This is an Android tablet designed to educate and entertain children ages 3-7. (See attached press release for more details).
School Zone introduces Charlie & Company™, the new educational video series with live action and animation. Four of the seven 22-minute episodes are preloaded on Little Scholar. Fun for the whole family, the series stars Charlie the Golden Retriever and his best friend, Miss Ellie, who embark on educational adventures. The show features performances and original music by Brian Vander Ark of The Verve Pipe.
School Zone announces five new workbook series: I Try, Inspired Learning, Jolly Activity, Little Thinkers, and Try & Spy, workbooks. Each collection is designed to address essential aspects of early learning and development, at home or on the go.
• I Try Series, developed for ages 1-5, features activities made for little hands. These 28 new books give toddlers through preschoolers dexterity practice even before they learn to write. These activities boost children’s self-esteem by increasing their confidence in the world around them. Bright colors and familiar shapes instantly grab children’s attention, and appealing illustrations encourage deeper engagement. These titles feature bold lines, delightful illustrations, and large-format stickers, and are sure to please. Titles include: Train Your Hand: Dots, Spots, Stripes, Numbers 0-10, Lines, and Alphabet; My First Book of Coloring: Vegetables and Fruit, Animals, Toys, Fruit and Berries; Bubbles: Find the Colors!, Find and Count!, Where Do I Belong?, How Big Am I?; My First Coloring Book: Toot, Toot!, Buzz, Buzz!, Vroom, Vroom!, Splish, Splash!, Oink, Oink!, Scritch, Scratch!; Watch Me Color: Zippy Zoo, Wavy Water, Friendly Forest, Family Farm; Little Ones: Numbers, Colors, Shapes, Lines, Think, and Opposites.
• Inspired Learning workbooks each contain stories from the Bible that promote understanding of the Old and New Testaments and include messages of God’s love and faithfulness. Spiritual content, colorful illustrations and surprising discoveries also help sharpen visual skills, eye-hand coordination, attention to details, and scripture reinforcement for kids ages 4-6. Titles include: Bible Alphabet Fun!, Bible Counting Fun!, Bible Printing Fun!, Bible Colors and Shapes Fun!; Bible Dot-to-Dots! ABCs, Bible Dot-to-Dots! 1-25, Bible Hidden Pictures!, Bible Mazes!, $3.99.
• Jolly Activity workbooks offer hours of educational fun and problem solving for children ages 3-5. Delightful holiday themes, colorful illustrations, and surprising discoveries make these books a perfect fit for young learners. Titles include: Jolly Mazes, Jolly Hidden Pictures, Jolly Dot-to-Dots, and Jolly Try-n-Spy; $3.99.
• Little Thinkers workbooks have been developed to help sharpen problem-solving skills at the preschool, kindergarten, and first grade levels. Packed with 32 pages of quick, fun, and creative learning activities, each activity encourages looking – and thinking – carefully with patterns, matching, rhyming, reasoning, and more. Little Thinkers titles include: Little Thinkers (preschool) and Little Thinkers (kindergarten) and Little Thinkers (first grade); $2.99.
• Try & Spy workbooks are designed to help children improve reading skills while sharpening their observation skills, attention to detail, perception, and problem-solving through picture clues and rhyming words. Based on the concept that the majority of the English language is phonetic, the familiar rhymes and patterns in these workbooks help build reading and language skills through picture clues that reinforce the meaning of the words. The Try & Spy series kicks off with two titles, each offering 32 adventure scenes: Try & Spy Adventure and Try & Spy Places & Spaces; $2.99.
School Zone will be at booth #5831. For more information about School Zone’s new titles, please call School Zone, 616-846-5030.
In the past 35 years, School Zone has sold over 350 million educational products, received Apple’s exclusive Human Interface Design Excellence Award for their software development capabilities and been recognized as one of the world’s premier, education-focused companies.