School Zone Interactive
School Zone Publishing develops and publishes educational materials and products based on national educational standards. School Zone strives to create high-quality, affordable products that meet the development needs of children ages pre-school through sixth grade. We have been a leading educational publisher since the early 70’s and we are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance/Technical Support Specialist.
Quality Assurance/Technical Support Specialist - Summary
Provides technical support to customers utilizing School Zone Interactive Products as well as troubleshoots and assists in the research of new products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Quality Assurance/Technical Support
- Tests School Zone Interactive software to troubleshoot problems/bugs.
- Responds to customer problems with School Zone Interactive software via phone and e-mail.
- Recreates and solves problems customers encounter quickly and efficiently.
- Modifies and tests existing programs.
- Evaluates and tests software to determine compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets user needs.
- Updates and maintains customer information in database system.
- Reports weekly customer contact to supervisor.
- Maintains Technical Support for hardware and software.
- Provides input regarding the tracking progress of problems/bugs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Some college experience.
- Between six months and one year of progressively more responsible customer service and computer experience.
Computer & Technology Skills
Advanced knowledge of software applications (Microsoft Office) and/or multiple operating systems. Ability to navigate through operating systems such as Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Vista/7.
Language & Communication Skills
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Job requires interpreting and translating facts and information. Explains situations, issues, and research to team members.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This job does not require any specific licenses, certificates or registrations.